Bring your middle or high school students to the Bellingham Public Library!
How do I schedule a class visit?
- At least three weeks prior to the desired date, please contact the Teen Services Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 778-7323.
- Preferred start time for class visits is between 9 am and 10 am, so students have uninterrupted (and uninterrupting) access to the library. Visits during open hours can also be scheduled.
How do I get my students library cards?
- At least two weeks prior to your scheduled visit, print out or pick up library card applications.
- All juvenile applications MUST be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Signed applications must be delivered to the library by the teacher at least one week prior to the visit. This ensures that the cards are ready for the students at the time of their visit.
- Students who already have library cards but have more than $40 in charges will not be able to check out items unless they are able to reduce their balance below the $40 threshold prior to or during the visit.
- Students who have library cards in good standing, but do not have them during the class visit, will be able to check out items.
What will be covered during the class visit?
- Class visits can focus on library orientation, specific assignment assistance, or reader’s advisory.
- During the initial scheduling discussion, we will determine what kind of focus you would like your class’ visit to have.
- We want the library experience to be positive and productive for your students!
Is there anything else I can do to make our visit go smoothly?
- Please acquaint your students with the library Rules of Conduct.
- Most importantly, stress to your students:
- Use quiet (“library”) voices.
- Be considerate of others using the library.
- Leave food at home/school.