Bring your middle or high school students to the Bellingham Public Library!
How do I schedule a class visit?
- At least two weeks prior to the desired date, please contact the Teen Services Librarian at email@example.com or (360) 778-7323.
- Preferred start time for class visits is between 9 am and 10 am, so students have uninterrupted (and uninterrupting) access to the library. Visits during open hours can also be scheduled.
How do I get my students library cards?
- All Bellingham Public Schools students have a library account through ConnectED. Their library card number is their student ID preceded by “BE”.
- Private school and home schooled classes/students: At least two weeks prior to your scheduled visit, print out or pick up library card applications.
- All juvenile applications MUST be signed by a parent or guardian.
- Signed applications must be delivered to the library by the teacher at least one week prior to the visit. This ensures that the cards are ready for the students at the time of their visit.
- Students do not need to have their library cards with them to check out items.
What will be covered during the class visit?
- Class visits can focus on library orientation, specific assignment assistance, or reader’s advisory.
- During the initial scheduling discussion, we will determine what kind of focus you would like your class’ visit to have.
- We want the library experience to be positive and productive for your students!
Is there anything else I can do to make our visit go smoothly?
- Please acquaint your students with the library Rules of Conduct.
- Most importantly, stress to your students:
- Use quiet (“library”) voices.
- Be considerate of others using the library.
- Leave food at home/school.