Job Location: Central Library
Share your expertise by coaching adults as they learn tech skills
- Work with adult learners at beginning levels of tech knowledge
- Tutor one-on-one in the weekly Tech Basics Coaching sessions, Wednesdays 2-4 p.m.
- Help adult students learn at their own pace
- Tech subjects include: teaching patrons how to use library digital resources such as ebooks, eaudiobooks, emagazines, efilms, and emusic. We also coach patrons on basic computer, tablet, eReader or smartphone skills; internet and browser skills; setting up email and social media accounts; and learning how to use apps and websites.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Make a big difference in a person’s life
- Opportunity to use your computer and training skills
- Earn community service hours
- Gain new skills and experiences
- Be a part of the library team
- 16 years or older, if under 18, must have permission from parent or legal guardian
- Availability on days Tech Basics Coaching are held
- Ability to convey a positive, friendly attitude
- Ability to work with adults of all tech levels with patience and politeness
- Computer, internet and mobile device skills
- Willingness to use recommended training resources and handouts
- Dependable transportation and phone number or email
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
Training and support provided:
- One hour library orientation, followed by one hour library digital content training, and ongoing training in Tech Basics Coaching sessions
- Regular contact with Volunteer Coordinator to give your feedback and discuss possible improvements or changes
- 2 to 8 hours a month, depending on your availability for scheduled events.
- Volunteers are scheduled up to two months in advance
- Involves volunteering 2-4 p.m. Wednesdays
Length of commitment:
- Minimum three-month commitment
- Follow library policy, procedures, guidelines, and values
- Convey a positive attitude with public, staff, or other volunteers
The inability to meet the above expectations will end the volunteer opportunity.