Bellingham Public Library buildings and book return locations are closed during Phase 1 of Washington State’s “Safe Start” reopening plan.
Library services available to the public include:
- Limited phone service
- Email and chat service
- Get a library card online
- Access to our extensive digital library
- Various online activities such as virtual story time, book discussions, and other social media activities
- Limited WiFi outside Central and Fairhaven branches
Many staff return to work on site at the Central Library. The outdoor book returns at Central are open and returned materials are quarantined for three (3) days before they are checked in.
Donations are not being accepted.
Additional library services available to the public include:
- Library materials returns open at the Central Library
- Phone service Monday-Saturday 10a-6p
Curbside holds pick up will be available at the Central Library location. Items held for our Barkley and Fairhaven locations will also be available to pick up at the Central Library.
Additional Library services include:
- Curbside holds pick up Monday-Saturday 10am – 6pm
- Visit the Curbside page for details
- Requested materials will move between BPL and WCLS
- Returned materials will be quarantined for three days before being checked in
Bellingham Public Library locations will open with limited public access. Health and safety guidelines will determine opening dates and level of access to spaces and services.
Library locations will open with full services at all locations. Health and safety guidelines will determine opening dates and access levels.
Donations of items will again be accepted.