To complete your 2020 Census Questionnaire online:
- Wait for the official mail from the Census and follow the instructions. The mail will look like this.
- Or, go to my2020census.gov to complete the Census now.
- For the online questionnaire in 59 non-english languages, please visit 2020 Census Language Support.
To complete your 2020 Census Questionnaire by phone:
- English language: 844-330-2020
- Spanish language 844-468-2020
- Russian language 844-417-2020
- For a full list of languages supported by phone and their phone numbers, please visit Responding by Phone, Language Support.
For lots more information, including what is going on here in Whatcom County, please visit our U.S. Census 2020 FAQ.
Your response counts!
Each and every individual living in our community is an important part of Census 2020. The results of each U.S. Census determine the allocation of more than $800 billion annually in federal funding to states and local governments, as well as determines congressional representation and district boundaries for federal, state, and local offices.
The official U.S. Census Day is April 1, 2020, but preparation for the Census has been underway for some time. You may receive information prior to that date, but you are asked to count everyone who is living in your residence as of April 1, 2020.
For more information, visit our U.S. Census 2020 web page.
Response Rate Map
Track your community’s self-response progress on the 2020 Response Rate Map. Live data is updated every day about noon.
May 11 Update: the “Update Leave” phase is starting May 11. Census workers will deliver invitations and questionnaires to the remaining households that didn’t yet get one. The packet is just left on the doorstep. For information on how to identify a census worker, see this page.