The internet is fun and informational, but it can also be dangerous. Keep these internet safety tips in mind:
- Never give out personal information such as your full name, home address, phone number, email address or school to someone you don’t know.
- Do not send your photo to strangers without your parent’s permission.
- Keep your passwords secret from your friends and people you meet online. If someone wants your password, ask permission from your parents first.
- Do not write to or chat with anyone who makes you uncomfortable or scared.
- Tell your parents right away if you see something on the internet or an email that makes you uncomfortable or if someone is making you uncomfortable online.
- Never meet anyone you’ve met online in person or have them visit you without parent’s permission.
- Remember that who people say they are online isn’t always true. For example, someone could say they are a 10 year old girl when they really are a 45 year old man.
- Always ask your parents before buying anything online.
- Always ask your parents before downloading music or movies. It is illegal to download some things you find online.
Test your online safety knowledge with some games:
Games, videos, and advice about internet safety as well as bullying, bicycle safety, gangs, and other safety topics.
Age-appropriate resources to help teach children how to be safer online. With videos, games, and activities, NetSmartz entertains while it educates!