Bellingham Public Library offers immediate access to over 3,000 emagazines.
ALERT! Change has happened with the digital magazine collection!
Jan. 25 was the start of a two-month migration of the digital magazines collection from one host to another. Until Mar. 31, the collection was available from two vendors, RBDigital and Overdrive. Since Mar. 31, new issues from the collection are only available through Overdrive’s platforms.
Read more about the transition at Overdrive’s FAQ.
We recommend using the Libby app. to access the digital magazines as it has the most features.
|Feature||Libby app for iOS or Android||Overdrive app for iOS or Android||Libby (website version)||Overdrive (website version)|
|Download for offline reading||✔|
*provides continuous reading from top to bottom in larger text size
How it works:
You can borrow and read emagaziness on your computer or mobile device, such as a tablet or smartphone.
- Stream emagazines on your computer with an active internet connection
- Stream or download emagazines with the Libby app on your mobile device
- Emagazines are always available
- Borrow as many issues as you like
- Emagazines do NOT count against the 5 item borrowing limit of other Washington Anytime Library titles
- Borrow emagazines for 7, 14, or 21 days
- Issues automatically return at the end of a borrowing period
- Borrow an issue of an emagazine as many times as you like.
- Access up to three years of back issues
Magazines are full-text and in color. If you use the Libby app, or the Libby version of the Washington Anytime Library website, you have access to the ‘Read the Article’ view which allows reading an article continuously from top to bottom in larger text size.
To be notified that a new issue of a magazine is available, create a “Notify Me” tag. Instructions on how to do this are in Libby’s Help.
Access to the RBDigital platform will cease after March 31. If you would like to continue to access issues you had borrowed via RBDigital after that, there’s an option: visit ZINIO’s website or app. for iOS or Android and create a new ZINIO account using the same email address used for your RBDigital account.
- Download the user guide that best meets your need
- Ask us for help, or sign up for a Tech Basics Coaching session for one-on-one assistance.
Read articles online using the Library’s research tools
Use the Library’s research tools to access articles from a wide variety of popular magazines and scholarly journals.
How it works:
Use your library barcode and PIN (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number) to login to the following tools:
- America’s News Magazines (NewsBank)
Full-text from news magazines including The Atlantic, Newsweek, National Review, The New Yorker, and more.
- Consumer Reports
Get product ratings and reviews, buying advice, and articles from the latest issues of Consumer Reports Magazine.
Access thousands of magazines and journals on a wide range of topics including current events, the arts, business, medicine, history, science and technology.