The internet can be fun and informational, but it can also be dangerous.
Keep these important internet safety tips in mind:
- Never give out personal information such as your full name, home
address, phone number, email address or school to someone you don't
know. This includes posting this information in chat rooms, on bulletin
boards or on myspace.
- Do not send your photo to strangers without your parent's
- Keep your passwords secret from your friends and people you meet
online. If someone wants your password, ask permission from your
- Do no write to or chat with anyone who makes you uncomfortable or
- Tell your parents right away if you see something on the internet or
an email that makes you uncomfortable or if someone is making you
- Never meet anyone you've met online in person or have them visit you
without parent's permission.
- Remember that who people say they are online isn't always true. For
example, someone could say they are a 10 year old girl when they really
are a 45 year old man.
- Always ask your parents before buying anything online.
- Always ask your parents before downloading music or movies. It is
illegal to download some things you find online.
Test your online safety knowledge with some games:
| Copyright © Bellingham Public Library