The internet can be fun and informational, but it can also be dangerous.
Keep these important internet safety tips in mind:
- Never give out personal information such as your full name, home
address, phone number, email address or school to someone you don't
- Do not send your photo to strangers without your parent's
- Keep your passwords secret from your friends and people you meet
online. If someone wants your password, ask permission from your
- Do not write to or chat with anyone who makes you uncomfortable or
- Tell your parents right away if you see something on the internet or
an email that makes you uncomfortable or if someone is making you
- Never meet anyone you've met online in person or have them visit you
without parent's permission.
- Remember that who people say they are online isn't always true. For
example, someone could say they are a 10 year old girl when they really
are a 45 year old man.
- Always ask your parents before buying anything online.
- Always ask your parents before downloading music or movies. It is
illegal to download some things you find online.
Test your online safety knowledge with some games:
pivotlab | Copyright © Bellingham Public Library