Class Visits - Middle & High School
Bringing your students to the Bellingham Public Library
How do I schedule a Class Visit?
- At least three weeks prior to the desired date, please contact
Jennifer Lovchik, Teen Services Librarian, at
(360)778-7323 to schedule a visit.
- Preferred start time for class visits is between 9 am and 10 am,
so students have uninterrupted (and uninterrupting) access to the
library. Visits during open hours can also be scheduled.
How do I get my students library cards?
- At least two weeks prior to your scheduled visit, print out or
library card applications.
- All juvenile library card applications MUST be signed by a
parent or guardian.
- Signed library card applications must be delivered to the
library by the teacher at least one week prior to the visit. This
ensures that the cards are processed and ready for the students at
the time of their visit.
- Students who already have library cards but have more than $10
in fines will not be able to check out items unless they pay down
their fines prior to or during the visit.
- Students who have library cards in good standing, but do not
have them during the class visit will be able to check out items.
What will be covered during the class visit?
- Class visits can focus on library orientation, specific
assignment assistance or reader's advisory.
- During the initial scheduling discussion, we will determine what
kind of focus you would like your class' visit to have.
- We want the library experience to be positive and productive for
Is there anything else I can do to make our visit go smoothly?
- Please print out and acquaint your students with the library
Rules of Conduct.
- Most importantly, stress to your students:
- Use quiet ("library") voices.
- Be considerate of others using the library.
- Leave food at home/school.
We look forward to seeing your class at the library!