Book a Librarian FAQs
What is Book a Librarian?
A new service that connects patrons with a librarian for a one-on-one
help and skill building session. Sessions take place at the Central
Library, 210 Central Avenue in Bellingham and last up to 30 minutes.
What kind of help or information does a Book a Librarian
Welcome to your library!
- A guided tour of the Central Library building and the library's
Basic computer skills
- How to use a mouse
- How to set up and use email
- Basic internet searching and safety skills
- How to download audiobooks to your listening device
Improve your searching skills on the library catalog
- How to find the books, DVDs or CDs you want in the catalog
- How to place holds and manage your library account
Learn how to use the library's online research tools
What time are the Book a Librarian sessions?
Thirty minute sessions are scheduled between 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday.
How many Book a Librarian sessions can I have?
You may have up to two sessions a month.
How do I schedule a Book a Librarian session?
- Call us at (360)778-7323 and press "3"
- Email us at
- Print out this form and bring it in to
the Central Library Information and Reference desk
- Visit your local Bellingham Public Library
When you book a session, you will be asked to fill out this
form. We will follow-up with you to schedule a
session time that best fits your schedule.
Where do I go to check in for my Book a Librarian session?
Come to the Information and Reference desk on the main floor of the
Central Library at 210 Central Avenue, Bellingham.
How do I cancel my Book a Librarian session?
Call us at 778-7323 and select #3 for the Information and Reference
desk, or email
Is there any help or information you cannot provide in a Book
a Librarian session?
We are happy to provide one-on-one help and skill building in basic
computer or searching skills.
- Due to budget constraints we are not able to offer instruction
in advanced computer skills or instruction in specific computer
software such as Word, Excel, Publisher, and Photoshop.
- We cannot troubleshoot problems with your personal computer but
can direct you to library materials that may help.
- We can give you an overview and help you get started on using
our genealogy databases, but cannot offer advanced genealogy
searching. Genealogy help is available from the Whatcom Genealogical
Society every Wednesday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Central
- We can give you basic help with rÃ©sumÃ©s and job searching but
will also direct you the excellent services of
whose office is a few blocks away from the Central Library.
- We can help you find library materials or reputable online sites
for medical, legal or investment information, but we cannot offer
advice on these subjects.
Are there other ways to get help from a librarian?
Absolutely! You can always stop by the Information and Reference Desk
at the Central Library, or call us at 778-7323 and press "3" during
open hours. You can also
contact us through our email